Fire Damage Restoration
With 24-hour emergency fire damage services, our Portland based team is on site, often before the fire crews even leave the scene. We immediately evaluate the fire damage then secure the site to protect your property from further damage. The fire restoration process begins by assessing the structural damage as well as the contents including equipment, furniture, personal belongings, electronics, and building materials.
Step 1: Respond to Fire Damage
- Determine the extent of the fire, smoke, and soot damage to the structure.
- Isolate the damaged area to protect the remainder of the property from further damage from water and smoke odors.
- Board up windows, doors, and exterior exposures to secure the property and contents.
- Remove the contents and catalog each item. Items that can be restored are separated out from those that are not salvageable. Restorable items are boxed and transported to our headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
- Remove and dispose of the fire related debris.
- Determine any hazardous material that may have been exposed and encapsulate and dispose of accordingly.
- Place the necessary equipment on site to immediately treat air quality and smoke odor damage.
Step 2: Recover
- Establish the project scope, timeline and budget to bring the property back to pre-loss condition.
- Work with the property owners and insurance company representatives to assess the damage and approve the action plan.
- Provide temporary utilities on site.
- Acquire proper permits to begin reconstruction.
- Begin restoration of the contents including electronics, furniture, equipment, clothing, drapery, and documents.
- An ozone chamber at the company headquarters is used to remove smoke odors for smaller items such as curtains, clothing, books, or paper.
Step 3: Rebuild & Restore Fire Damage
- From one room to an entire building, we can frame, rebuild, and finish an entire structure.
- As a general contractor we are the only call you have to make. Cooper Construction will organize and coordinate the work of all our craftsmen including painters, carpenters, drywall installers, electricians, and plumbers.
- Complete restoration to meet current building codes, seismic requirements, ADA upgrades and mechanical, and electrical specifications.
- Arrange necessary inspections to meet local codes as well as bank, insurance company, or property management standards.
Contact us for fire damage and restoration services. 503-232-3121
Emergency service available.