Water damage restoration for burst water tank, broken pipes, sewage leakage, floods or structural storm damage may cause various degrees of water damage to your Portland area business or home. The critical element for water damage clean up is to arrive on site and begin the drying process immediately. Water damage to flooring, walls and property contents is directly affected by time. The sooner Cooper Construction can move in and begin drying procedures, the more likely we can save the structure and contents from additional damage.
Step 1: Respond to Water Damage
- Arrive on scene immediately and ensure that the source of the water damage is secured or repaired.
- Assess the walls, flooring and contents to determine what needs to be removed and what can remain in place for drying.
- Assess health hazards caused by contaminated sewage or floodwaters.
- Dispose of flooring, carpeting, drywall or contents that cannot be restored.
- Water extraction from carpet, walls, ceilings and flooring.
- Place the necessary equipment in place to begin the drying process, extract water and treat the air quality.
Step 2: Recover from Water Damage
- Establish the project scope, timeline and budget to bring the property back to pre-loss condition.
- Work with the property owners and insurance company representatives to assess the damage and approve the action plan.
- Inspect for potential mold damage caused by water or moisture exposure.
- Remove contaminated property and building materials and decontaminate or dispose as necessary.
Step 3: Rebuild after Water Damage
- Install new carpeting, hardwood or other flooring products as required.
- Replace any sheetrock or wall materials in the damaged area.
- Replace any electrical systems or plumbing that may have been damaged.
- Clean and sanitize the area to prevent mold.
- Apply the appropriate paint and coatings to surfaces.
What our customers say…
“Thank you so much for the way you and your crew handled my water damage. I honestly don’t know what I would have done without your team. You found water damage that most wouldn’t have. Without that experienced eye I would have been dealing late with mold and damaged sheetrock, perhaps without the benefit of the water damage insurance claim. You were impressive dealing with the insurance company. Without your assistance, the attention to detail, and dogged persistence, I would have been paid almost 50% less. The quality of the work was superb. The honesty and compassion of the workers was delightful during a difficult time. You and your team were responsive and professional giving me a great customer experience. I can’t thank you enough.” Gayle G.